Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rock-n-Roll


I hauled about 6 wheelbarrow loads of rocks gathered from the creek up to the house for my dry creekbed/pond project behind the deck. It seems to be coming together -- I'll need to gather about the same amount again to finish. Bailey helps when she gets home from school - she calls the creek Rocktopia and acts like a little tour guide pointing out the geological features - like Bailey Island - and making up a history. I think I'll do an Earth Day creek clean up -- I already picked up a bunch of glass - there's also plenty of rusty metal, bricks and other trash. I'd really like to do something with that whole area but don't know what I could or should do. What should you take away from or add to a natural area like that? The pic shows Bailey about 10 feet from our property line where the creek actually has water in it - even without rain. Our part only has water a few days after a rain -- which it is supposed to do tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a few inside chores and eBay listings done.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, she is really growing! that's a very nice photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home