Friday, August 18, 2006

Fruits of my labor


I'm back. I've been ignoring this blog a bit in favor of the one I just launched about my eBay business. At any rate, I have been doing a bit a weeding, but mostly enjoying my harvest. Check out these gorgeous tomatoes. They were supposed to be Mr. Stripeys, but they didn't develop any stripes -- just the most lovely peachy-yellow color. They're delicious to boot -- I've been eating a lot of tomato sandwiches standing over the sink to catch the drips.


I also have to show off my dinner from the other evening -- my golden baby belles (some no bigger than a quarter) stuffed with herbed cream cheese and topped with black olive slices, my Jolly Elf tomatoes and some green beans vinagrette. Yum. Tonight I fried up a bunch of sweet red Italian peppers, onions and Italian sausage. I also tried slow roasting my romas -- so rich, like eating a spoonful of tomato paste. I think I'll roast some peppers to save tomorrow -- I have a giant bowl of jalopenos.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Yum! And so cute! Those golden baby bells are adorable. I've never seen bell peppers that tiny before.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger phreed83 said...

They are quite good. I ordered the seeds from Burpee, but Cooks Garden may have them too.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Smiley said...

Found your site whilst looking uip Hyacinth Vine or google. Like to grow climbing plants in my garden live London England in the suburbs near Wimbledon. Take Care, Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home