Friday, June 16, 2006

Golden beets



I know I am over-blogging but I just had to post about these beets. I pulled three golden beets today -- I should have left them a bit longer they weren't very big, but I couldn't resist. The rosy-gold color of the peel is so pretty -- I should take one to the paint store to get the color mixed. Anyway -- I roasted the beets in foil (425 for about 35 mins) til they were soft and sauteed the chopped greens in olive oil with a clove of garlic. Added the sliced beets at the end and tossed it all with a bit of balsamic vinegar with a tsp of sugar mixed in. I am not a person who usually eats cooked greens, but this was one of the more delicious things I have ever eaten. Note to self -- plant many more golden beets.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god! yum! thanks for sending the seeds to me, now i will have some too! i'm going to plant more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home