Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Perfect weather



For some reason the humidity has stayed away and we had just a beautiful day after some thunderstorms this weekend. I took advantage of the damp ground to pull a ton of weeds -- I also went thru the strawberries and got out most of the rotten ones -- there are still some good ones coming on. Things seem to be growing a bit better -- the cucumbers are looking okay -- with a few flowers starting, the beans as well. I have a pepper plant with a good sized jalapeno on it (though the plant itself isn't more than 12 inches tall). My experimental artichoke has even started to take off. There were a few potato plants that had withered -- I pulled them up and got 3 cute little potatoes. I had them for lunch with some parsley, a bunch of blanched sugar snap peas and a salad of garden lettuce and radishes. I felt quite virtuous after such a healthy (and free) lunch -- but totally made up for it with a big plate of nachos for dinner.

My neighbor is on vacation and I've been looking after her garden -- I must say I totally have zucchini envy. Hers are gorgeous and huge -- mine are puny and washed-out looking. And these lush tomatoes -- for the record -- are my leftover Brandy Boy seedlings. None of mine survived. I will have to get a few of hers to see what they taste like.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum, that lunch looks so tasty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home