Sunday, April 16, 2006

Coming along

It's been in the 70s and 80s all week so I've been out in the yard trying to finish the foundation project in the back. I've got the small pond dismantled and the rest of the planting done. I need to put up the last piece of lattice under the deck and use a leftover piece to make a screen for the air conditioner. I noticed my big clematis in the front has a new shoot coming up that I can steal to plant by the screen. Today I will haul rocks to make the rock ledge that will back my new little pond/stream. I will warm up by planting my bean seeds. It's been so warm that my peppers and tomatoes are already in - I hope I don't regret that. I've also got the rest of the herb seeds in and I made the mistake of going to Kitty's (an expensive nursery) yesterday and spent $59 on plants for containers geraniums, coleus, sweet potato vine, pineapple sage, a scented geranium and my favorite Algerian ivy. I bought Algerian ivy last year to put in hanging baskets on the porch - it looks like regular ivy with mondo-size leaves - and overwintered them in the garage. They made it pretty well, but I needed to pop in a couple of new plants to perk them up a bit. I also really need to do a ton of eBAy listings today - but what. I found quite a few vintage clothing items this week - but not too much to list now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home