Saturday, May 20, 2006

Nibble, nibble

Okay -- something ate the tops off my sunflowers -- and these were the ones my Brownies planted. I need to get the Deer-Away or whatever it was I used on my beans the other year. The sun finally came out, so I was busy reseeding again. Calendula seeds to fill in around the dill, more Italian parsley, garlic cloves for spring garlic, red and golden beets, short & sweet carrots and Nantes carrots.

Here's what it looks like now -- I finally said "no" to tomato torture and moved them out of the Death Square and over to the sparse Spinach bed and a few other spots among the other veggies. Also planted some sweet potatos in the row where the regular oes didn't show up. In the Death Square I built another stick tuteur and planted hyacinth bean and morning glory vines a friend had given me. I under planted with radish, beet and carrot seeds -- since the lettuce came up, maybe things can survive if they start there. A few more bean seeds also went in.

This was delish -- my first meal from the garden this year. Tomorrow I may attempt a strawberry-rhubarb pie -- I've never eaten one much less baked one!

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks so good, I love salad with strawberries. mmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home