Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sweet stuff


I haven't been doing much in the garden other than a bit of clean up -- though the weather this week has been sunny and in the 80s. I did dig some sweet potatoes though. Most were small to normal size, but one was huge and round -- It reminded me of the size of a baby's head for some bizarre reason. I've baked one and made a couple into fries. I may try my hand at sweet potato pie -- Bailey may eat it if she thinks it's pumpkin.

Other than the sweeties the garden is pretty much over. The new seeds I planted are coming along - except for the lettuce (I can't raise a second crop of lettuce apparently -- it's the second year in a row), I still need to put in the garlic. I bought a head, but can't remember where I put it. Hopefully the weather will hold until the weekend so I can do some major clean-up. I may put some solarizing covers on some beds to kill the weed seeds and soil bugaboos. I heard it can work if you leave them on all fall/winter/early spring. If I don't work this weekend, the next time I turn around it will be Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home