Well I worked until it was too dark to see on Friday - the weather was so perfect. I started off with rebuilding the little pond yet again because of Maggie. I totally took it apart and put a piece of heavy wire grid fencing just at the surface of the water and put the rocks back to hold it down -- now she can't jump in, or will only try it once. It seems to have worked. It took way longer than expected because I couldn't remember how I had it -- I finally had to go print out a pic I had taken of it and try to figure it out from that. I also got a few more pots planted and some random veggies my neighbor brought me. At 5:30 I decided I was going to remove all the perennials in the back, till and put them back in - in a different design. I got most of it done - Bailey dragged me in at 9 p.m. I was back out at 8:30 Saturday morning to get the rest in since it is supposed to rain until Tuesday. The hollyhocks and Russian Sage weren't too happy with being moved and are a bit saggy -- the rain should help. I have a bunch of extra purple cone flowers and bee balm to put elsewhere still. I also won 3 plants of Joe-Pye Weed - that I've always wanted to grow -- (a really tall fuzzy purplish flower that blooms in Aug-Sept) on eBay, so we'll see how that goes.
I am really paying for all the labor today though - my hips are so stiff I can barely walk. I feel like such a granny. On the up side -- I've lost 10 pounds since Feb.